You are here:
Awards & Achievements
"It is important that we continue to strive to be better tomorrow than we are today in everything that we do" - Rory MacDonald, Chief Executive.
- Best of the Best awarded by the Adult Learning Inspectorate.
- Beacon Status awarded by Government Ministers.
- ALI Grade 2: Outstanding awarded by the Adult Learning Inspectorate.
- National Training Award for "the excellence of training provided".
- Investors in People Accreditation.
- BHS Accredited.
- We train nearly 3 times as many Government funded Apprentices in Racehorse Care and Racehorse Care and Management, compared to our nearest competitor.
- Our achievement rates are 22% above the national average for Work Based Learning.
- Over half of the Champion Apprentice Jockeys over the last 15 years started their career on the Foundation Programme at The British Racing School.
- In 2006 we celebrated our 2500th graduate from a nine-week course who had been placed in a full-time job in the Racing Industry.
- Rory MacDonald, Chief Executive was short listed for the Racing Welfare Pride of Racing Awards for being "Dedicated to giving young people the best possible grounding" and in 2008 was awarded an OBE for his services to the industry and disadvantaged young people.
- The following were shortlisted for the QIA Star awards. These awards are designed to recognise and reward the true STARs of the further education system :
Sarah Hayde - Workplace Co-ordinator
Colin Rayner - Senior Instructor
Mary Coll - Former Instructor
- Frank Conlon won the 2011 Betfair Pride of Racing Award.