This programme will suit those who aspire to senior roles within your organisation or those who wish to become more effective in their current role. Careful selection of candidates ensures that the organisation gains maximum benefit from the programme. Several clients have pointed out that the investment in the programme is often less than the cost of recruiting a replacement.
Racing faces some significant challenges. These require a positive and sustained response from all parts of the Industry. Increasing the effectiveness of management and leadership is critical to the success of this response.
This programme has shown that it can make a significant contribution to meeting these challenges.
A place on the Academy requires an investment of £4800.
8 month development programmes consisting of:
- MAP assessment
- Team & Innovation day
- Communicating effectively workshop
- Managing yourself workshop
- Managing performance workshop
- Problem solving and decision making workshop
- Developing your people workshop
- 12 self – study modules
- MAP reassessment
- Two 1 to 1 coaching sessions
- Individual support for 9 months
- Accommodation at BRS is include
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, visits and speakers at BRS
Payment can be made in 3 instalments of £1500 at agreed times through the programme.
- Retain and motivate your key talent
- Develop your future senior managers
- Offer Individual career development
- Focus your leaders to develop and achieve your business objectives
- Unlock potential – both individually and for their teams
- Demonstrate your commitment – to employees, partners and customers.
Why the Peplow Group?
- The Peplow Group over the last 25 years have helped over 120 organisations to develop themselves, their teams and their key individuals
- As well as their experience in racing, they have worked with demanding sectors of industry such as engineering, motor sports and construction
- Their approach is pragmatic and professional. Their facilitators all come with a proven track record in business and they are all professionally qualified.
What makes this offer different?
The programme is restricted to those working in racing so that the discussions, visits and programme are placed in the context of the issues that face racing. The partnership
with The British Racing Schools ensures the Peplow team are continually updated on the issues that face racing and the attitudes and politics which management are confronted with.
Within the Academy framework we offer choice. Each individual, having been assessed, follows their own individual development plan. Individuals are therefore able to plan, choose and commit to various activities that are designed to meet their exact individual needs. For many there will be a requirement for new ideas, tools or techniques. For others, there will be a need for coaching and support to make best use of new knowledge and to help them become more effective.
A series of visits are organised to widen individual’s knowledge of Racing. A trainer’s yard, the equine hospital the National stud, the Newmarket Gallops and the Jockey Club rooms are included.
Evening speakers last year include a Racecourse CEO, a former Director of Tattersalls and the CEO of Great British Racing.
Organisations who have participated in the BRS Management Academy
- The British Racing Authority
- The Jockey Club
- York Racecourse
- Jockey Club Estates
- Racing UK
- Aintree Racecourse
- Great British Racing
- Cheltenham Racecourse
- Sandown Park
- Racecourse Media Group
- Hamilton Park Racecourse
- Horserace Betting Levy Board
- Kempton Park
- The National Stud
- Epsom Downs
- Haydock Park
- Plumpton Racecourse
- Carlisle Racecourse
- The Race Course Association
- Exeter Racecourse
- Sedgefield Racecourse
- Warwick Racecourse
- Huntingdon Racecourse
- Newmarket Racecourse
- Uttoxeter Racecourse
- Nottingham Racecourse
- Market Rasen Racecourse
- Lambourn Gallops
- The British Champions Series
- Turf TV
Roles of those who have attended the BRS Management Academy
- Clerks of the Course
- IT Specialist
- Financial Controller
- Group HR Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Managing Director
- Marketing Manager
- Digital media Manager
- Bloodstock Sales Director
- Racing Director
- Regulation Manager
- Stud Secretary
- Strategic Analyst
- TV Channel Editor
- Operations Manager
- Conference & Events Manager
- Sponsorship Manager
- Chief Executive Officer
- Business solutions Manager
- Operations Executive
- General Manager
- Commercial General Manager
- Racing Analyst
The Academy first ran 5 years ago for Jockey Club Racecourses. Paul Fisher, Group Managing Director of JCR speaks very highly of the course which has now become integrated into the JCR Management Training Structure.