The Racing Industry Course (TRIC) will take place on 28th January – 1st February 2019. TRIC is a British Horseracing Authority programme, planned and delivered by the British Racing School and sponsored by Lycetts.
The week long course is unique and covers all of the major aspects of the racing industry. The course would be suitable for a wide range of people, ranging from those new to racing through at a middle manager level or anyone who simply wants to broaden their knowledge of the British and International racing scene.
The course is based on five main themes:
1. An introduction to racing
- Historical perspective
- Racing within the UK economy today
- International Racing
2. The funding of racing
- Unravelling the complexities of the funding of racing
- Current issues surrounding prize money in the UK and abroad
- Bookmakers and the Tote
3. Training and the management of horses for racing
- A trainer’s perspective
- A jockey’s perspective from a leading UK jockey
- Topical discussion on issues such as horse welfare and thoroughbred breeding from subject experts
4. Racecourses and the public appeal of racing
- The marketing and rebranding of racing in an increasingly competitive arena
- The place of the media in racing
- Integrity in UK and international racing
5. Horses in racing and an owners perspective
- The training of racehorses
- Attracting and promoting new owners
- What owners in this country can learn from racing overseas
The course includes a combination of different activities, with the programme involving lectures, seminars and exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of destinations of interest such as Tattersalls, a top trainer’s yard and a prominent Stud Farm.
To book your place please email email@example.com or call 07766 051545.
Please download the PDF below to view our online brochure.